31 January 2009

What is Herpesveridae??

















Herpesviridae is an infection caused by the herpes simplex virus.It affects the skin and nervous system and produces small temporary (but sometimes painful) blisters on the skin and mucous membranes.




Viral Structure & Classification



It is a Family of double-stranded DNA viruses that consist of a spherical virion having the DNA packaged in a liquid crystalline array in a central core surrounded by an icosahedral capsid, an amorphous tegument, and an envelope consisting of a lipid bilayer closely associated with the amorphous protein layer.



Herpesviridae Subfamilies
Alphaherpesvirinae. Members of this subfamily are neurotropic (infect nervous system tissue), have a short reproductive cycle (~18 hr.) with efficient cell destruction and variable host range.


Common name Scientific name Disease they cause

Herpes simplex virus 1 Human herpesvirus 1 facial, labial and ocular lesions

Herpes simplex virus 2 Human herpesvirus 2 genital lesions

Varicella-zoster virus Human herpesvirus 3 chickenpox and shingles




Chicken Pox Facial lesion



genital lesion



Betaherpesvirinae. Members are lymphotropic, have a long reproductive cycle, restricted host range and infected cells become enlarged (cytomegalo).

Common name

  • Human cytomegalovirus
Scientific name
  • Human herpesvirus 5

Disease they cause

  • infectious mononucleosis




effects of mononucleosis


Common name

  • (no common names)
Scientific name
  • Human herpesvirus 6 & 7
Disease they cause
  • mild early childhood roseola




Gammaherpesvirinae. These herpesviruses are also lymphotropic and specific for either T or B lymphocytes.


Common name

  • Epstein Barr virus

Scientific name

  • Human herpesvirus 4

Disease they cause



  • cofactor in human cancers

4 comments:

  1. I believe the picture of the african child is the symptom of African Burkitt's lymphoma caused by EBV (HHV-4), which is different manifestation resulting from the same virus responsible for the mononucleosis, and not by the CMV (HHV-5). The term cytomegalo refers to the microscopic feature rather than gross feature, and despite the name the symptoms are often subclinical. So, the "disease they cause" and the picture of the child should be moved to the gammaherpesviridae, HHV-4 section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HELLO EVERYONE
      Dr AKHIGBE has really be so wonderful to me i will always testify of his greatness in my life who could have believe Dr AKHIGBE herbal herbs cured me from my herpes virus which i was having for the past 4 year,i came across (Drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com) on a page of how to treat herpes virus and i saw a lot of testimony of how great Dr. AKHIGBE has helped them in there various problems and situations and his mobile numbers were also on each testimony +2349021374574 to contact him, because i needed help to get rid of my herpes virus i wrote him on whats app and told him what i was passing through!dear friends all Dr. AKHIGBE ask me was not much to make sure am cured from my herpes virus, remember health is wealth, he sent me a herbal remedy for the cure of my herpes virus i was so much happy because after drinking the herbs as i was instructed by him i went to the hospital for checkup to my surprise my herpes result came out negative i will recommend Drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com to anyone who need his help you can also whatsapp him +2349021374574
      ...Thanks Dr..

      Delete
  2. Hi Friends i am so glad to write this article today to tell the world how Dr Ekpiku cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr Ekpiku the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his email: ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@gmail.com i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr Ekpiku that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via: ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@hotmail.com or whatapps, call +2348073673757.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO EVERYONE
    Dr AKHIGBE has really be so wonderful to me i will always testify of his greatness in my life who could have believe Dr AKHIGBE herbal herbs cured me from my herpes virus which i was having for the past 4 year,i came across (Drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com) on a page of how to treat herpes virus and i saw a lot of testimony of how great Dr. AKHIGBE has helped them in there various problems and situations and his mobile numbers were also on each testimony +2349021374574 to contact him, because i needed help to get rid of my herpes virus i wrote him on whats app and told him what i was passing through!dear friends all Dr. AKHIGBE ask me was not much to make sure am cured from my herpes virus, remember health is wealth, he sent me a herbal remedy for the cure of my herpes virus i was so much happy because after drinking the herbs as i was instructed by him i went to the hospital for checkup to my surprise my herpes result came out negative i will recommend Drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com to anyone who need his help you can also whatsapp him +2349021374574
    ...Thanks Dr..

    ReplyDelete